Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Artwork and canvas

Artwork by Carl Wood

Let me just start by saying that we are having our roof replaced today (it was suppose to happen yesterday when I was at work but it rained) and omg all the banging my head is going to explode! Somehow our power got knocked out this morning and just now came on (thank god my phone and kindle were charged) so I haven't done much today other then yell at the dogs to stop barking an no that didn't work (very disturbed face) Now my computer is acting like its on crack and keeps freezing IDK if its because it was on when the power blew (i hope it stops) however it did give me time to work on some mini canvas that I have been telling my dad I was going to give him so he can make me some mini painting. See I want a little something in my dollhouses from the people I love and with my father being a painter its a bonus for me. With that being said I was going to put some kind of art room in my big house even though the idea never really meshed into what I want to do with the rest of the house. Now that I am doing the other house however it will be perfect for the little attic. If you like the couple of paintings I'm showing you here you can see some more of his work by clicking this link - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1071920653115.10098.1679123082&type=3. An yes he sells his work if you are interested and does commissions. Anyway I finally got around to making some and there almost done. If you want to know how they are made let me know otherwise I wont bore you with it. I want to make a few more for myself because our styles are a little different from each others and it will give me some variety but at least I can give him these to get started on. That's about it for today boys and girls, I hope you all have a good one!




the canvas I made
Artwork by Carl Wood

8 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Tina! I love your Dad's paintings- so pretty! I agree that it is wonderful to have special items like that in your dollhouse. Are your other little canvases going to stay blank? I am collecting things for a little craft/art studio that I will eventually make for my craft room and had been thinking about making some blank canvases stacked up against the wall or on a shelf or something. I can't wait to see what you do with your art room! Hope the banging gets over with quickly and does not stretch over days and days.

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, I am going to have some blank ones laying around and a work in progress on an easel also. I would love to see how yours turns out :)

Lucille said...

What a lovely talent your father has. I love your plans for the house and an art room sounds really special. I can't wait to see it and especially the paintings your father will do.

Unknown said...

I will post them it might take a little while he gets sidetracked with his own things but I will make sure to "show an tell"

otterine said...

Love, love, love that boat painting! :D

Unknown said...

Follow the link and check out his other work Otterine he does alot of boat/water paintings im trying to find his other site but of course he hasn't called me back on that one yet prob tired of talking to me today lol

Unknown said...

Lovely paintings, Tina. Can't wait to see what he does for your dollhouse.

Vicki

Unknown said...

You and me both Vicki, I'm bringing him the canvases in the morning :)