Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Featured blog Friday - Merriman Park

outside facade of Merriman Park

Doing a feature on this blog stumped me a little only because having to pick just a few pictures to show you was very hard! Everything in Merriman Park so far is beautiful. The floors,walls, furniture, artwork, wallpaper... I really could go on and on but as we all know we can only add so much into our posts before it wont let you anymore. Anyway, the blogs owner John started his blog and his dollhouse in December 2009 as a project for the very cold Minnesota winters. He swears he lives in the middle of no where Siberia (he hasn't seen where I live - there be nothing around here boys and girls) John is multi-talented, you will find out as you read his blog and has had a few outlets along the way for his creativity. Keep in mind I have read this blog from start to finish several times (Hello my name is Tina and I'm a blog stalker jk) I love his work and he shows you the processes he uses to get things done. You even get to read about the things that give him a little trouble (electricity) so you know he is human like the rest of us (so we don't have to hate him lol). Also his personality really comes through in his blog, he is really funny. I wish we lived in the same Siberia we would so be friends. I also wish I had a Santa like his, John is very lucky man as far as the gifts his partner gets him, the stuff is awesome.  He has been away from his blog for about a month or so do to personal things but he is getting ready to jump back into it (lucky for us). Every time I think about his blog I think Pretty Pleater and I laugh, you will so see why once you start reading. He has so made me want one though (another thing on my list) just wait till you check out his curtains (big sigh) Yes I'm jealous, in love and in awe of his work. That's saying allot because those are not normally traits of mine. I'm going to wrap this up here by giving you this link http://john-merrimanpark.blogspot.com/ You really will enjoy this blog :) and as always your still here why?


Make sure you read the post that goes with this pic!



10 comments:

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Thanks for showing these beautiful pictures. It is so beautiful, I can not understand that some people can make something so complete. It is beyond description beautiful. I will go to visit him, I might never return home.

Hugs
Wyrna

John said...

OMG I feel just like a movie star --or someyhing! Thanks so much for the great review!

XOXO,
John

Lucille said...

I have recently joined John's blog and I agree that his work is exceptional. He certainly is a very, very talented man!

Unknown said...

Wyrna -you are so in for a treat every time I go over to his blog I'm there forever! John - Your welcome thanks so much for letting me feature you! Lucille - don't you think he would have made an amazing interior designer? He puts things together that I never would have thought of and everything looks so real. I wish I had half his talent.We are very lucky he is doing his blog so we can all enjoy his work :)

Fi.P said...

Hi Tina,

Yes, I am a big fan of Johns blog too, he is truly an inspiration!! Not only clever but oh so funny and kind as well. The blog world has been empty by his recent absence!!

It's so sweet of you to post about Johns blog!

Keep up the good work!

Fi xx

Unknown said...

Thanks Fi.P and I think we are all waiting for him to back and missing his funny posts and amazing work. Thanks for your comment :)

Norma Bennett said...

Hi Tina, I absolutely agree that John has produced one of the most amazing miniature properties I've ever seen!

Thanks for popping by my blog and for your nice comment about the litte attic :)

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, I wish I could shrink myself and walk around his house. As far as coming by your blog the comment I left you was well deserved. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Ascension said...

Gracias Tina, por dar a conocer los trabajos de ese gran miniaturista.
besitos ascension

Unknown said...

Ascension, I agree he is great. Thanks for reading and commenting!