Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cant sleep and clay...

Does anyone know how to make your posts longer?? This is suppose to be part of the other one but it wont let me add anymore onto it :( Anyway I couldnt sleep last night and was going to do more floors but didnt feel like it so I broke out the oven bake clay to play with it. Mind you I have touched clay since like first grade or something and I should have tried some food or something but I wanted to try and make a doll. Im sure most of you that use this kind of clay are laughing at me right now. Trust me im laughing at myself! But here is what I came up with. She is 5 1/2 inches tall and her arms are a little to long :( Floral wire,scraps of cloth, clay and craft paints and poof here she is. She is going to live in the cottage even though she told me she likes the big house. Uummm no. I dont have a doll in mind for it but all the ones I like are $400 give or take. Why cant I be BFFs with a great doll artist, miniatures artist, win the lotto. Oh well none of those are going to happen and I have champaine taste on a beer budget. Ive been looking at molds might have to go that direction. Any suggestions? Also the big house, my cottage and this little doll all need names. Suggestions welcome there also. Today im going to go work on the cottage. I need to make some bricks for the outside that im going to use in random spots, I have to wallpaper inside put the windows on, figure out what im going to do on the floors, blah blah blah. So I suppose ill go get to that now, if only the little no name doll could help im sure her long arms could help me out!

8 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

I think your doll turned out wonderful. And this is your first one? Incredible!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Unknown said...

She looks lovely ;)

You should be able to just keep typing a page worth. Sometime blogger has a few bugs with saving etc. You might have to save then reload the page before publishing. ;)

Unknown said...

I will try that on my next post ty Jane :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Caroline! That means alot coming from you because your work is amazing, but ya this was my first time playing with clay since i was little. I semi remember a lop sided ashtray in first grade lol. It was definitely a learning experience and hopefully I will be able to make food and maybe some pets. Im trying to get over disliking everything I do thinking its just not good enough and just kinda roll with it.

Jennybee said...

Glad to have found your blog Tina,
Be careful with your new doll...As you get more houses they tend to wonder to the bigger ones and take over. ha
She is cute too and long arms can come in handy too.

Lucille said...

I think you're very talented to have made such a beautiful doll on your first try. She has a beautiful face. I also love her dress!

Unknown said...

thanks Jennybee I will have to keep an eye on her lol

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Lucille!